Thursday 6 June 2013

Essence Lip Liner Review


These lip liners by Essence have become one of my favourite lip products and they are something I will definitely keep repurchasing. Surprisingly, after years of being into beauty and makeup, these are the 1st lip liners I've owned... what? Yep, Pretty much couldn't decide on what MAC shades I wanted etc so I basically just never got liners and just lipsticks.

For the price of these ($1.75 but I got them for $1.05) I just went ahead and grabbed a few. I also recently bought another 2 darker colours for winter.

The application is ridiculously good. I didn't even use a heavy hand to swatch these, but the colour pay off was just amazing. In fact, I basically just used feather strokes for the red liner, that's how pigmented they are!

What I like about these:
  • They are super creamy
  • They are pigmented and provide an even coverage
  • They have a nice variety of colours
  • The price - they are only $1.75! (Priceline & Target)
  • The colour shows up on my pigmented lips, as they do on my arm
They make my lipsticks that look too pale on me or that are a bit too sheer look amazing! (Now I can use those abandoned lipsticks that didn't look right without a liner). They can also be worn by themselves or with a lipgloss on top.




(L-R)
Femme Fatale, Red Blush, Soft Berry, Satin Mauve, Honey Bun, In the Nude, Cute Pink

As I said earlier, I didn't even swatch these with a heavy hand. How good is the colour pay off?!

I mentioned in my Priceline haul, I'm fairly new to Essence. So far, I have been really liking their range. Let me know if there is anything else I must try. So far I have some of the eyeshadow quads, all the cream shadows, 2 of their mascaras, some lip gloss and of course these liners.

xx






2 comments:

  1. Nice review. I had a kinda bad experience. It melted while just standing there in my make up stash! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's no good :( I guess I could see how that would happen though, As they are very creamy! Hope you can enjoy these again soon :)

      Delete