Tuesday 13 May 2014

Essence Oil Control Make-Up Base Review & Comparison

 
I have been using the NARS Pro Prime Pore Refining Primer for quite a few months now and I'm just about out of it. I was tossing up whether or not I wanted to repurchasing it because of the price.

Around the same time, Essence came out with a new "Oil Control Make-Up Base" which claims to be "Pore Refining and Long lasting" as well. I was a little hesitant to try it because, although I love Essence, I was never really sure about using their face products. I decided to go ahead and get it anyway since it was only $5.75.

The consistency for both are very similar, both a white gel texture.

I applied a thin layer of the primer on top of my moisturizer, It absorbs pretty quick and doesn't give a greasy or sticky feeling.

I found that it did help refine the appearance of pores once I put my foundation on.

I was always quite impressed because, being an oily skin girl, after a few hours where my skin would usually be oily, My foundation actually looked as good as it did when I first applied it.

After using this for a couple of weeks, I haven't broken out or anything from it which is always a good sign.


I highly recommend trying this product if you wanted something similar (If not more effective...shhh) Then the Nars Primer, considering it's basically 1/10th of the price here in Australia.

I definitely give it my 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment