Thursday 30 May 2013

Essence Nail Polish Swatches & Review

I mentioned in my May Favourites, that I absolutely loved these Essence nail polishes, so I thought I would do a post including swatches of the Essence nail polishes I currently own.

Each swatch has 2 coats of nail polish on them. You can see in the photos that most of them are quite opaque and provide a nice, non streaky application.

What I like about them:
  • They have a flat brush, similar to OPI
  • The application is smooth and non-streaky
  • They have a nice, creamy formula making them quite opaque
  • They last a decent time before they start to chip (with top coat)
  • The price - They only cost $2.75 here in Australia, available at Priceline & Target
They have a pretty decent colour selection. I mainly bought pastel colours because I already have so many bright, bold China Glaze nail polishes already.

125-Absolutely Blue
I love this colour!It looks like it could be a dupe for China Glaze's secret periwinkle, which I was actually going to order until I found this shade.

05 Cafe Ole
This has become my favourite/go to nude polish

149 Hello Marshmellow!
A pretty, soft lilac colour, with a hint of shimmer.

146 that's what I mint!
Finally, I have found the perfect mint green nail polish. Colour is on point and the application is perfect.
This colour is more to the mint/green side then what it shows in the photo.

142 grey-t to be here
I actually found this in the Priceline bargain bin for only $1. I really like this colour, I don't own anything like it. Unfortunately, I think it has been discontinued.

08 Peach & Cream
I wanted to love this one so much, Such a pretty colour from the bottle. Unfortuntely this one was quite watery or runny compared to the rest. It was harder to work with and after 2 coats, it was still quite sheer.

132 Break Through
The only dark polish I own from Essence, it's a nice bold purple.

These nail polishes are definitely worth checking out. I reach for them more then my China Glaze & OPI, and the price point is great. Very happy with the colours & application for most of the.

I also own the Essence Quick Dry top coat, which is pretty good as well.

I will most certainly be buying more, so I'll definitely post more swatches as I collect more. 




6 comments:

  1. Great post! I love Essence polishes as well :) I'm going to keep an eye out for a few of these shades now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I worked hard on painting my nails and getting them all up tonight haha. They are my favourite colours! Definitely check them out when you can. I was so impressed.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've bought many mint nail polishes before, and this one is by far my favourite! Both Colour and Application :) x

      Delete
  3. i was sooo surprised with the quality of these nail lacquers and the brush wand :) i plan to buy more !! great post btw :)

    ReplyDelete