Tuesday 11 June 2013

Favourite Hair Products

I'll give you a brief run down on what my hair is like, and what it has been through.
I have naturally thick hair, that grows pretty fast. It's currently quite long. Particularly in the last year, I have kind of abused it with the colouring. I have naturally brown/black hair. Let's just say, within the last 6 months of last year, it had been coloured and bleached, to the point my hair was snapping quite a bit. These are the products I am constantly using, and they have helped my hair become healthy again.




I am loving the Matrix Total Results Repair range.
I've been using this range for over 6 months now & I can say that I have found my HG shampoo & conditioner. This made my hair a lot more healthier after dying my hair quite a bit last year & it just has just improved the overall appearance of my hair, making it feel much more soft. I have also tried the Moisture one, but I just didn't like it as much. I just shampoo the roots of my hair and let the excess run through to the ends when I rinse my hair out & then I apply conditioner from my ear down. The Break Fix elixir is great. You only need about a pump each time. I apply this to my hair when it is still damp & either let my hair air dry or even after blow drying my hair, it will be so soft and straight,

Where to them:
- I originally purchased this set from PC Hair Salons in a pack for only $34.95. I Believe the Shampoo & Conditioner cost $15 each & The Elixir costs $24.95.
- I now purchase them from Beauty Bay for $5.95 each! (Elixir $11). What I do to ensure that I don't run out is once I start a new bottle, I will re-order a new set. (Clearly I can't live without it!)
- You can also buy the Matrix range at the Hair House Warehouse



Macadamia Natural Oil: Healing Oil Treatment & Deep Repair Masque

I have been using these products for about 3 years now. Basically ever since I started seeing raves and reviews about them on YouTube and they definitely live up to their hype. I love the smell as well as how my hair feels after I use them. Sometimes I'll mix the oil with the masque when my hair is extra dry. Otherwise, I usually use the Healing Oil after I have just straightened it, to not only treat it after using heat on it but also for when I want the real sleek look. I used to have the big sizes of these but I have decided to repurchase them in the smaller sizes as the packaging is much more practical, especially for travelling.

Again, I buy mine from Beauty Bay but they can be purchased at basically any hair salon/ anywhere that sells hair products.




Tresemme Heat Protectant Spray
I don't need to say much about this since it's basically everyone's favourite. But I've used other heat protectant sprays and nothing works like this one. It doesn't leave a sticky feeling at all.

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Tropical
I cannot live without this stuff. I literally have about 2 or 3 on back up **hoarder alert** I just don't ever want to run out of it & I'll usually get mine when it's on sale for $5 or on Buy one get one free

Both of these Items can be bought from basically any Chemist, Grocery, Stores like K-mart, Target & Big W etc.





Aussie 3 Minute Miracle
Funny (annoying) how we don't have the "Aussie" hair products here in Australia. My sister bought this for me when she went to America last year, after I heard so many good things about it. I really like that you only have to leave it in for 3 minutes & your hair will still feel as soft as those hair masques that require you to leave them in for 10-20 minutes.

L'oreal Elvive Colour Protect Conditioning Spray
I use this as a detangling spray for when I have just gotten out of the shower and I want to comb my hair without damaging it. It works pretty good & I picked it up for only $3 at the Giant Chemist. I actually stocked up on these since I loved it so much, but now I alternate between this and the Matrix Break Fix.

I want to find some products that will give me volume without having to tease my hair, so I'm thinking of buying the Big Sexy Hair products & also I have really annoying baby hairs so I need to try and find something that will tame those too!

2 comments:

  1. I've been using L'oreal Absolut Repair Mask for 2 years but I've been wanting to switch to the Macadamia OIl Deep Repair Masque, so i've been researching, thanks for the post :)

    ReplyDelete