Wednesday 19 June 2013

BH Cosmetics Haul: 264 Color Steal - 88 Color Palettes

A couple of weeks ago I came across the BH Cosmetics website because I wanted to check out their eyeshadow palettes. I'm such a neutrals & brown shadow girl that I wanted some more colours in my collection, without having to pay so much for them. I always look at the site but never buy anything because I don't really need them, but I just couldn't past this deal up.

BH Cosmetics were having their Graduation Day Sale & within the sale they were offering a steal deal for a limited time only. This included 3 eyeshadow palettes which were the:


Each palette retails for around $19.95 & I got all 3 for only $25! It was something I knew I'd be getting my moneys worth. Shipping cost $12 to Australia & took less then 2 weeks to get here.

Palettes were securely wrapped to prevent any damage
All 3 palettes had a glossy finish to the packaging. 
                                  
I'll give you a quick run down on what I think of these palettes.

Tropical Shimmer Palette





Pretty nice & wearable colours overall, I wasn't too sure what to expect when I heard "tropical". I really quite like it. The colours are mostly bronzey type colours. I like how they brought in colours such as blues, greens & purple/pinks but have made them quite wearable as they are more toned down.

Matte Eyeshadow Palette





This was the palette I was looking forward to the most because I wanted some matte colours. Unfortunately, compared to the other 2 palettes, this was my least favourite. It was just like any other 88 palette that you can get off ebay. If you look at the photo below, a lot of photos a quite shimmery... this is Matte palette isn't it? That aside, nothing amazing, great bright colours overall.



88 Cool Shimmer Palette





Since I'm more of a "warm" makeup person, this cool shadow palette wasn't anything I was overly excited for. Surprisingly, this is probably my favourite of the 3. The colours are so pretty, especially the purples (my favourite colour). You get all those bright pretty colours, but since they are quite deep & shimmery, it will be pretty wearable. I also love the browns and plums they have included in this palette.

Overall I am happy with the palettes, especially for the price I got them for. I'm thinking I might do separate posts for each palette with close ups of the colours and maybe some swatches? Let me know what you think!

1 comment: