Saturday 20 July 2013

Review: Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation - Golden Tan 857

I was so excited when I heard that the highly raved about, Covergirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation, was available in Australia, and better yet, available in my shade! This never happens. I'm a MAC NC40-42 & I can never find a drugstore foundation in Australia that matches me. Not even Revlon Colorstay. So of course, even though I didn't really need it, I picked it up anyway.

What Covergirl describes it as: All-in-one foundation with a long-lasting formula that fuses primer, concealer, and foundation in one easy step! The 3-in-1 formula provides a flawless look that lasts all day long.



 Just like every other beauty product I'm looking at trying, I read and watch many reviews before I go ahead and buy it. The 2 things that really got me to decide that I wanted it was 1. The colour apparently matched my skin tone really well and 2. Everyone was saying how amazing it was.

Let me start by telling you how my skin usually is when I wear foundation in general.
I have very oily skin, particularly around the nose. I use an oil free mattifying primer before & a translucent powder after to set the foundation. Within 2 hours my T-zone will already start to get oily & by the afternoon when I look closely in the mirror, I can see that my foundation has kind of melted off.

The first time I used this, I applied this foundation without a primer & without a setting powder so I could really see how it held up. (I was going out to dinner later that evening so I brought a powder just in case).

Application: It was really easy to work with and blend. I didn't use any concealer cause I wanted to see the coverage. I have dark acne scars on my cheeks so I did 2 layers to get a fairly full coverage. Even though I applied 2 layers, it wasn't cakey at all!

Finish: I loved the finish of it. It was fairly matte, but not so matte that I looked dull and flat. It looked quite natural & the colour was really good. I find it really hard to find a foundation that isn't too yellow, too pink or too orange. Thumbs up to that.

How it held up: Remeber how I said I was going out to dinner that first time? This is where it really sold me - I went to a Korean BBQ for dinner so you know, it was quite hot & steamy & I was worried that my face had melted off. I got out of the restaurant & look in the mirror and the foundation had not budged at all. Wow! If it was my colorstay or sheer glow foundation it definitely would have happened. After wearing it for a good 6 hours, I got home looking just like I did when I left!

I'll have to see how this holds up when Summer comes though, but for now, I am loving it!

What I like about it:

  • Easy to blend and apply
  • Not cakey
  • Great coverage
  • Doesn't slide of my oily face
  • Great price rrp $19.95, I got mine on sale for $15 from Priceline
  • Great staying powder
  • Nice, Matte finish
  • The foundation has a pump!
  • Yellow undertone that isn't too yellow like MAC
  • You don't need to prime or set with a powder
What I don't like about it:

I can't really think about what I don't like really. The colour range is quite small. I believe we only have 6 shades available, Golden Tan being the darkest **thank you for bringing this shade to Australia** Anyone with really light skin or anyone with a deeper skin tone may have trouble finding a shade.
I'm not really a big fan of the packaging. Looks kind of cheap (not a big deal) but again, the pump really helps.

Would I recommend this: Of course! I am loving it so far & if you have oily skin like me, This may impress you too!

Well done Covergirl, I've never really been attracted to the brand in the past, the only other thing I've tried was a mascara, but you have definitely won me over with this foundation!

I hope this review was helpful. Let me know if you would like photo of it on, but I figured everyone has different skin tones & skin types so I wasn't too sure if it'd make it anymore helpful. I tried to do a comparison between my other foundation shades but the photos were just not working out.

I'm so happy that I have finally found the perfect everyday foundation!

Let me know of what you think about this foundation.





4 comments:

  1. I love the sound of this! I couldn't find a colour to suit me which is such a shame because it sounds perfect for me.

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a shame. I hope they start to bring more shades in Australia, in everything. It's just not fair! Hopefully you can find something just as good in a colour that matches you :)

      Delete
  2. everyone is saying that it is really really good! i was at priceline yesterday but i had a hard time matching colours with my skin tone but give it another go, its on sale atm! great review love reading themx

    multitaskingdamsel.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can find something close to your skin colour!Definitely worth a try, especially while it's on sale. I realized that I wasn't following you. So sorry, but I can't find the subscribe button x

      Delete