Friday 5 July 2013

June Favourites

Wow! I cannot believe that we are already half way through 2013! Time is flying by so fast!

Time for another favourites post!


These are the items that I am constantly reaching for this month. Some of these items are fairly new & some of them are ones that I am re-discovering my love for.


**Photos coming soon**


ELF Candid Coral Blush

This was hidden at the back of my makeup drawers so I thought I'd try it again. I don't know why I've been ignoring these. ELF is the brand that got me hooked onto makeup & it's so under rated now. This blush is just so pretty and really pigmented! It gives me that nice glow on days where I'm feeling really dull.

MAC Prim & Proper Blush

This blush came out in the Liberty of London collection in 2010. It's a nice mauve/plum colour so it's great for the winter. I think that's why I have been paying more attention to it. It goes well with my NC42 skin tone.

MAC Prolong Wear Concealer in NC35

I stopped using this concealer for nearly a year or so. Well, I stopped using concealer in general. I've basically accepted that my skin is forever scarred so I got to the point where I just couldn't be bothered trying to cover every single dark spot. I recently started using this again for when I want a more full coverage. I apply it with the beauty blender so it covers so well yet doesn't feel like I'm even using it at all. I originally got this as an under eye concealer but now that it's winter. I like to use it before my foundation & it matches my skin perfectly.

MAC Prolong Wear Lip Creme - Til Tomorrow

This product is another victim of being abandoned. I absolutely love this colour! It's like a mauve/purple type nude lipstick. It is one of those ones where you can work with a bit of colour yet still not crazy enough to make you feel uncomfortable.

Revlon Lip Butter in Creme de Nude with Essence In the Nude Lip Liner

I have had Creme de Nude for a year now, tried it back then, hated it on my lips cause it was too light. After discovering the Essence lip liners I decided to try these to combinations together, putting In the Nude all over my lips. I was so impressed with the outcome. It makes it like the most wearable perfect nude for my lips.

Essence Get Big Lashes Mascara

This was also in my May Favourites but I have to say, I am loving this mascara more and more. If your HG Mascara is Maybelline's The Falsies, then you have got to try this one! It's really similiar but I find that this one doesn't make your lashes clump & it is super easy to remove.

Maybelline Color Tattoo - Bad to the Bronze

I am loving all of the color tattoos in general. I started with this colour though. If I can't be bothered doing a full eye of makeup I'll just sweep this over the entire lid and that's it. It's such a pretty colour. It can be used by itself, a base or sometimes I'll use this all over and use a darker colour on the outer corners. Very good for oily lids too.

Alpha-H Balancing Cleanser

I love all of Alpha-H's cleansers and products in general. Being an oily, problematic skin type, I mainly use the Triple Action Cleanser. This is a cream cleanser suited for anyone but mainly the normal-dry skins. Now that it's winter I have been using every day. It does a good job of cleansing my face while being a cream cleanser, it doesn't dry it out.

Alpha-H Liquid Gold

I don't know why it has taken me so long to try this! Love it. My skin responds best to Glycolic Acid which is why I use Alpha H. I use this by itself every second night, alternating with the Balancing cleanser. It makes my skin feel so soft in the morning as well as improving my overall skin tone. 

Beauty Blender

I am in LOVE with the Beauty Blender! You may have seen that I recently purchased this in my Cherry Culture Haul. It took me so long to finally purchase it and although I wish I had gotten it earlier, I'm glad I finally went ahead and bought it. This really did live up to the high expectations and raves and in fact, I love it more then I thought I would. I use it to apply my face concealer, under eye concealer and foundation. I love that this applies foundation so flawlessly yet, It barely feels like you're wearing any make-up & I don't use as much as I usually would. Highly recommend this!

2 comments:

  1. everytime i go on the elf website to order candid coral its always sold out :( but im really interested in the bad to the bronze by maybelline , ive most of the others one but not this one! love the post! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you can purchase candid coral soon! Such a lovely colour, and yes I highly recommend Bad to the bronze! I apologize for not adding photos yet! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete